Monday, November 15, 2010

I can taste again woohoo

New ideas are flowing into your life now, but you must be ready to receive them. That is what my horoscope said today I thought it was kind of fitting to start with and I can tell you I am so ready to receive them. Well I can happily say that I can taste again Woo Hoo, and because of that I made another one of my favorite chicken dishes again that I thought I would share. I got the base of this recipe from a freebie cost-co cookbook with my changes of course.

Balsamic chicken with baby spinach and couscous,
as always I cook for 2
1/4 cup olive oil divided
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to about 1/2 inch thick
5 garlic cloves, minced
about 8 cups of baby spinach
1 small zucchini
1 cup chopped mushrooms
2 to 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar ( to your own taste)
1/2 cup of chicken broth
1 can of diced tomatoes with juice
2 cups of cooked couscous
salt and pepper to taste and any other herbs you would like

Season your chicken to taste I used salt, pepper, and thyme.

Brown your chicken in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook until the juices run clear or a thermometer reaches 165, take out and set aside.

Add the rest of the olive oil and garlic, cook until garlic starts to brown, then add mushrooms and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted, and the mushrooms are slightly browned. Take out and set aside.

Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and cook until slightly thickened. While that cooks prepare couscous according to package instructions.

Divide up the couscous to 2 plates, add a layer of spinach and mushrooms, then chicken, sauce and top with some grated parmesan. It is just so good and really easy. I hope this inspires someone, sorry I haven't made the tamales yet but they will be coming I promise, they are a lot of work and I wanted to wait until I was healthy again. But my next blog will probably be fudge I have a hankerin for some peanut butter fudge that just can't be ignored. Until then have fun and keep cooking. Always,
Jodi
 
Oh and I leave you with this beautiful sunset I had the pleasure of seeing a few nights ago it almost took my breath way it was so pretty.

1 comment:

  1. That does sound good but I can't get Bob to touch couscous to save my life. He hates it and I can't figure out why!?!?!?! I love that sunset picture...it's fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete